Department of Computer Science and Applications was established in the year 1986 by starting a P.G Diploma course in Computer Science. In 1989 MCA programme was introduced and in 2006 M.Sc Course in Computer Science was introduced . Some of the eminent teachers who taught in the Department are Prof. Tikekar, Dr. Sudha Murthy, Dr. Srinivas Bhogle, Prof. D.K. Subramanyam etc., The Department is constantly drawing inspiration from its alumni and working towards excellence.
To strive for excellence in education for the realization of a vibrant and inclusive society through knowledge creation and dissemination.
- Impart quality education and promote scientific temper.
- Blend theoretical knowledge with practical skills.
- Pursue academic excellence through quality teaching, research and publishing.
- Provide access to all sections of the society to pursue higher education.
- Inculcate right values in students.
- Promote leadership qualities among students.
- Produce socially sensitive citizens.
- Hasten the process of creating a knowledge society.
- Bridging the gap between the academia and industry by incorporating the latest technologies of the industry in the syllabus.
- Using information technology in new and meaningful ways.
Chairperson: Dr. M.Hanumanthappa
Tenure: 06.07.2015 To 05.07.2017
Department of Computer Science & Application
Mail Id: [email protected]
A. Courses Offered
(b) M.Sc. Computer Science
B. Nature of Course - Semester Scheme
(a) 6 Semesters (3 yrs)
(b) 4 Semesters (2 yrs)
(a) 30 + 6 Payment Seats
(b) 30 + 5 Payment Seats
Regular Entry: Candidates for admission to the first semester of the six‐semester M.C.A. degree programme must have a B.C.A / B.Sc / B.Com / B.A degree with Mathematics as one of the subject at 10+2 level or at graduation.
LATERAL ENTRY: Candidates with the following qualifications are directly admitted to the third semester of the six semester M.C.A programme:
- Any undergraduate science or applied science degree of three years duration in Computer Applications or Computer Science or Information Technology or other computer related areas.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application after completing 3 year degree programme.
Note: Admissions for MCA course will be through PGCET.
M.Sc. in Computer Science: The candidate with B.Sc. (Computer Science) or B.C.A. with at least 50% aggregate marks of all optional subjects (throughout 3 years B.Sc./B.C.A. Course) and candidate with B.Sc. PCM along with P.G. Diploma/ Certificate in Computer Science of one year duration.
|Sl. No||Name||Qualifications||Designation||Specialization||View Profile|
|1||Dr. Muralidhara B L||MCA, Ph.D||Professor||Parallel Computation,Bio informatics||Profile|
|2||Dr. Hanumanthappa M||MCA, Ph.D||Professor||Data Mining, Numerical Algorithms, Network Security, Information Retrieval||Profile|
|3||Dr. Somashekara M.T||M.Sc , Ph.D||Assistant Professor||Image Processing, Pattern Recognition and Bioinformatics||Profile|
Our Faculty's interests span diverse areas in both research and practices. Specialties include: Data Mining, Information Retrieval, Natural Language processing, Security, e-Governance, Algorithms, Bioinformatics , Cloud and Services Computing, High-Performance Computing, Parallel/Distributed Processing, Programming Languages, Software and Language Engineering. The department is having good number of publications in reputed journals, like IEEE, Springer, InderScience etc. The faculty are also completed various projects funded by UGC and other funding agencies. The department is having good number of publications with h-index , scopus indexed and good number of citations.