Faculty involved: Dr. N. Nagaiah:
- Ambient gama exposure level
Prof.Nagaiah analyzing the ambient gamma radiation level using IERMON (Online monitoring system)meter
Natural radiation level survey by Gladys Mathews using
Environmental radiation survey
2. Alpha radioactivity (Uranium, Radium, Radon and Polonium) in ground water
3. Radon and its Progeny concentration in air (Indoor & Outdoor) and soil.
4. Gamma Activity of primordial radionuclides in soil samples
- Microscopic & structural studies
- “Indoor radon concentration and its possible dependence on ventilation rate and flooring type”, G. V. Ashok, Nagaiah and N. G. Shiva Prasad, Radiation Protection Dosimetry, pp1-9, Feb. 2011.
- “Study of Radon exhalation rate from soil, Bangalore, South India”, G. V. Ashok, Nagaiah and N. G. Shiva Prasad and M. R. Ambika, Radiation Protection and Environment, Vol. 34, Issue : 4, pp 235-239, 2011.
- “Residential radon exposure in some areas of Bangalore city, India”, G. V. Ashok, Nagaiah and N. G. Shiva Prasad, M. R Ambika, L. A. Sathish and N. Karunakara, Radiation Protection and Environment, Vol. 35, Issue : 2, pp 59-63, April 2012.
- “Lead Oxides filled with Isophthalic resin polymer composites for Gamma radiation shielding applications”, Harish. V, Nagaiah & H. G. Harish Kumar, Indian Journal of Pure & Applied Physics, Vol. 50, pp 847-850, Nov. 2012.
- “Influence of Physico-chemical parameters on the distribution of Uranium in ground water of Bangalore, India”, Ningaiah Nagaiah, Gladys Mathews, Karthik Kumar Mysore Balakrishna, Ambika Madalakote Rajanna & Karunakara Naregundi, Radiation Protection and Environment, Vol. 36, Issue 4, pp175-180, Oct. 2013.
- “Effect of Lead Monoxide as a Filler on Chemical Stability of Unsaturated Polyester Radiation Shields”, Harish, T. Niranjana Prabhu and N. Nagaiah, Chemical Science Transactions, 4(1), 282-288, Jan. 2015.
- “Evaluation of attenuation coefficients of Bi2O3 filled Isophthalic resin polymer composite gamma radiation shields”, Ambika. M. R, Nagaiah & V. Harish, Journal of Macromolecular Symposia, Jan. 2015.