History of the Department
- 2006 – Department moved into an independent building with a unique structure in the shape of psi (Greek symbol), probably, only one of its kind in the entire country.
- 1974 – Course started with two specializations-Clinical Psychology and Industrial Psychology
- 1994 – Department shifted to the Faculty of Science
- 1994 – Third specialization – child Guidance started.
- 2000- Department started the higher Fees program – M.Sc Holistic Psychological Counselling, later renamed as M.Sc in Psychological Counselling, with two specializations – Educational Counselling and Human Resource Management. This program is also offered in two affiliated colleges.
- 2003 – University began offering M.Sc Psychology program in affiliated colleges. At Present, five affiliated colleges offer the same.
Chairperson: Dr. R. Gopalakrishna
Tenure: 24.06.2015 To 23.06.2017
Tel: 080 22961501
A. Courses Offered:
a) M.Sc. in Psychology
b) M. Sc. in Psychological Counseling (Self Financing Course)
c) P.G. Diploma in Psychological Counseling (PGDPC)
B. Nature of Courses :
a) & b) Semester Scheme
c) Annual Scheme
C. Duration :
a) & b) 4 Semesters (2 years)
c) 1 Year
D. Intake :
a) 45 + Payment Seats-8
a) M.Sc. in Psychology: Candidates with 40% marks in the aggregate of all the optional subjects, Psychology as one of the subjects and 50% of marks in the cognate subject at the Bachelor’s Degree level.
b) M.Sc. in Psychological Counseling: 50% marks in BA/B.Sc. degree having studied at least one paper in Psychology at the Graduate level or B.Ed. or P.G. Diploma in Counseling with 50% marks in the aggregate.
c) PG. Diploma in Psychological Counseling: A Graduate of Bangalore University or any other recognized University in India having studied in a regular course, in any one of the following Optional Subjects. Viz., Psychology! Sociology! Social Work! Home Science! Human Resource Development (Management) or B.Ed., or a Graduate in any discipline of Rehabilitation Science-A Doctor (from any Medical Faculty such as Allopathy/ Ayurveda/ Unani) Paramedical rehabilitation Nurse, Physiotherapist, Occupational. Therapist, Speech Therapist, Audiologist with 50% marks in aggregate (including languages)
|Sl. No||Name||Qualifications||Designation||Specialization||View Profile|
|1||Dr. H. S. Ashok||M.A., Ph.D.||Professor||Organizational Psychology/ Indl. Psy||Profile|
|2||Dr.R.Gopalakrishna||M.A., Ph.D.||Professor||Clinical Psychology||Profile|
|3||Dr. Srinivas M.||M.A.,M.Phil., Ph.D.||Assistant Professor||Organizational Psychology/ Indl. Psy||Profile|