About the Department
Center for psychological counseling was established under UGC special assistance programme during the year 1994. The Center was stared with one Coordinator, 3 Consultant Counselling Psychologist and non teaching staff consisting of 1 typist cum clerk, 1 peon and 1 sweeper.
The center has undertaken several Human Resource Development activities like : career and personality development programmes for PG students of Bangalore University; Personal and Professional Resource development programme for class III employees, self development programme for University employee’s children; Quality of life enrichment and counselor training programme for undergraduate college teachers in collaboration of directorate of collegiate education: and skills-based training programme for the school teachers for motivation students. Consequently, many individuals sought personal counseling for dealing with interpersonal and emotional, psychological problems.
The center had taken various projects like selection & recruitment, testing and training program collaborating with central & state government bodies like United Nations World Food Programme, National AIDS Control Authority, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, GFATM, LRDE, Karnataka State AIDS Prevention Society, Karnataka Health Promotion Trust.
Co-ordinator: Dr Sreenivas M
Tenure: May 2014 to May 2016Contact:Center for Psychological CounsellingDepartment Of PsychologyBangalore UniversityBangalore – 560056.
Ph: 080-22961507 /09.
E-mail: [email protected]
Name of the course: P.G.Diploma in Psychological Counselling
Duration: 1 year (2 semester)
Intake: 40 candidates.
Eligibility : A graduate of Bangalore University or any other recognized university in India having studied in a regular course, in any of the following optional subject. Viz., Psychology/ Sociology/ Social Work/Home Science/ Human Resource Development (Management)., or B.Ed., or a graduate in any discipline of Rehabilitation Science – A Doctor (from any medical faculty such as Allopathy/Ayurveda/Unani/Homeopathy),, paramedical rehabilitation: Nurse, physiotherapist, Occupational therapist, speech therapist, audiologist with 50% marks in aggregate (including languages).
|SI. NO||Name of the Faculty||Qualifications||Designation||Specialization||View Profile|
|1||Dr Sreenivas M||M.A, M.Phil, Ph.D||Asst. Professor||Industrial Psychology||Profile|
RESEARCH & ACTIVITIES:
- Personal Counselling: The Center has provides personal counselling services to the staff members, their families and PG students of Bangalore University in the areas of study skills, examination skills, note-making skills, motivation, vocational guidance social skills, decision making, communication and time management. The counseling services were offered for problems related to –
- Ineffective learning styles
- Examination stress and anxiety
- Interpersonal problems and conflicts
- Time and Resources Management
- Stress Management
- Career planning & decision making
- Family life relationship.
- Human Resource Development Programmes : Apart from Individual Counselling, the Center for Psychological Counselling offers Human Resource Development programmes. The Center has undertaken various extension services:
- Personality Development Program for BU employees children.
- Training in Communication skills for PG students of BUB.
- Career orientation programme for PG students of BUB.
- Self enhancement programmes for Class III & IV employees of BUB.
- Gender sensitization programmes.
- Awareness programmes on child abuse.
- Parenting style programmes.
- Motivating our students: programme for school teachers.
Outreach programmes like:
- Induction training programme for ICTC Counsellors
- Refreshers training programme for ICTC Counsellors
- Personality Development Training Programme For HIV Positive Children Academic Skills Training Programmes for SOS Children
- Life skills programme for children.