History of the Department:
- The Postgraduate Department of Studies in Education was established in the University in 1967.
- M.Ed. programme is being offered since its inception. Courses such as M.Phil and Ph.D. have been added in the Department.
- Over the years, there has been a considerable diversification in these courses in terms of their content and structure to keep them in tune with quality and relevance.
- Substantial contribution has been made by the Department in the almost last FIVE decades of its existence. A good number of competent trained teachers have passed through the ages of the department and are employed as Educational Planners, Educational Administrators, Curriculum Developers and Educational Researchers in the State of Karnataka and also in National level Institutions such as NCERT, NEUPA, NCTE, IIM as well as several Universities.
- The Department has striven hard to maintain quality and excellence in programmes, despite a substantial increase in the number of candidates that has been admitted to its different programmes. The Department has produced a number of Ph.Ds’, M.Phils’ and M.Eds’ and several research tools.
Chairperson : Dr.H.R.Jayamma
Tenure: 08.02.2017 to 07.02.2019
Contact Us:Department of Education
Bengaluru-560056 Phone: 080 22961621 E-Mail: [email protected]
Duration: Two years CBCS semester based programme.
Intake: 35. (Thirty five)
Nature: Regular. (Full-time)
Eligibility: B. Ed with 50% for GM & OBC, 45 % for SC/ST & CAT- I
The Ph.D. programme Entry is through Entrance examination as well as UGC-JRF, NET & SLET etc. The Ph.D. programme is conducted based on UGC Guidelines.
|Sl. No||Name||Qualifications||Designation||Specialization||View Profile|
|1||Dr. Umme Kulsum||B.Sc.,M.Ed., Ph.D.||Professor||Computer Education, curriculum development||Profile|
|2||Dr. Haseen Taj||B.A., M.Ed., Ph.D.||Professor||Research Methodology, Educational Technology||Profile|
|3||Dr. M. Narayana Swammy||M.A., M.Ed. M.Phil, Ph.D||Professor||Philosophical Found. of Education, Educational Administration||Profile|
|4||Dr. H. R. Jayamma||M.A.,M.Ed., Ph.D.||Professor||Advance Methods of Teaching, Teacher Education||Profile|
Research & Activities:
- ACADEMIC STRENGHT OF THE FACULTY
Faculty members have published a number of research tools, books &participated in international/national conferences and published papers in International/National journals. Faculty members have also won prestigious awards from International/ National Organizations.
All the Courses in the Department are Research-based. The thrust areas of research are Educational Psychology, Educational Sociology, Educational Administration, Teacher Education,
Environmental Education and Educational Technology. The Department has also attempted to focus on socially – relevant and academically – feasible research projects, which have enormously addressed contemporary social concerns.
- SEMINARS/ CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS ORGANISED
To disseminate innovative ideas among its fraternity, the department has been organizing international, national and regional conferences.
- Workshop on Issues in Teaching and Evaluation in Colleges of Education for Teacher Educators, Dept. of education, BUB, 16-20 Aug 1984.
- Two days Workshop on “Revision of B.Ed Syllabus”, of Bangalore University, 2-3 December 1989, organized by the Department of Education, BUB & RV teachers College, Bangalore.
- Six days National Seminar on “Models of Teaching”, from 10th to 15th January 1990, organized by Department of Education, Bangalore University, Bangalore.
- Five days National Seminar in “Research Methodology in Education”, Sponsored by NCERT, held at the Department of Education, Bangalore University, Bangalore from 15th to 19th January 1990.
- Organized the 48th Annual Conference of the All India Adult Education Conference in Collaboration with the Indian Adult Education Association in 1998,
- The UGC sponsored National Seminar on the Environmental Education Component at B.Ed. and M.Ed. levels in 1998,
- The Regional Seminar on Life Long Education in 1999.
- A Two days National Workshop for Developing Modular Based Curriculum for Incorporating Environment Component into Existing B.Ed. and M.Ed. Curriculum on 30th – 31st March, 1999.
- Refresher Courses in Education & Physical Education, in collaboration with U.G.C. Staff Academic College, B.U.B. from 28th Feb. 2001 to 20th March, 2001.
- One Day Workshop for B.Ed. College Principals to Develop Common Criteria for Internal Assessment in B.Ed. for Part – A and Part – B Components in Collaboration with I.A.S.E., R.V.T.C., Bangalore on Feb. 2001.
- State Level Seminar on Semester System to B.Ed. Course on 02.11.2002.
- A Two day Workshop on Developing Common Lesson Plan Format for B.Ed. College Lecturers on 27th & 28th Feb., 2003.
- A Two day State Level Seminar on “Quality Management in Teacher Education” in Collaboration with Gold-Field College of Education, Bangarpet on 10th & 11th Oct., 2003.
- A Three-Day orientation programme for lecturers working in B.Ed. Colleges under Bangalore University on newly implemented B.Ed. Semester Scheme at Sarvajna College of Education, Bangalore on December 2003.
- A One Day Seminar cum Workshop on Micro Teaching and Communication Skills as a basis of Student teaching in B.Ed. Semester Course, held at KTSV College of Education, Rajajinagar, Bangalore on January 2004.
- A One Day seminar on ICT for B.Ed. College Principals under Bangalore University in collaboration with Intel, June 2004.
- A Ten Day ICT for B.Ed. College lecturers in collaboration with Intel, July 2004.
- Refresher Course in Education, in collaboration with U.G.C. Staff Academic College, B.U.B held in Department of physical Education, J. B. Campus Bangalore University, and Bangalore from 21st March, 2005 to 10th April 2005.
- Three Day International Conference on, “Teacher Education in the Context of Globalization”, Bangalore University, Department of Education in collaboration with New Horizon College of education, Indira nagara, Bangalore and teacher Educators Cultural and Educational Forum (TECEF), on 4th, 5th and 6th April, 2005.
- A Two day Orientation for B.Ed. College lecturers and Principals of Bangalore and Tumkur University, in Collaboration with Global Academy of Teacher Education, on 25th & 26th July, 2005.
- Inter-disciplinary Refresher Course in Education, Physical Education and Psychology held at UGC Academic Staff College, Central College Premises, Bangalore University, and Bangalore from 21st March, 2006 to 10th April 2006.
- Inter-disciplinary Refresher Course in Education, Physical Education and Psychology held at UGC Academic Staff College, Central College Premises, Bangalore University, and Bangalore from 5th March, 2007 to 26th March, 2007.
- Two day national seminar on “Instructional designs,” organized in Ramaiah College of education in collaboration withBangalore, on 5-6 September 2008.
- Two day national seminar on “Emotional Intelligence and Psychological counseling,” organized in Ramaiah College of education in collaboration withBangalore, 2009.
- One day state level seminar on “Education System In India” by student Islamic organization of India, Karnataka Zone and Department of Education ,BUB on 19th April 2012
- Two day National Seminar on “Implications of RTE in India, Constitutional Vision of Equity in Education V/S Increasing Danger of Commercialization and Communalization”, organized by Dept of education in collaboration with All India forum for Right to Education, new-Delhi on 7-8th Feb 2014.
- One day workshop on CBCS B.Ed Curriculum Re-Structuring for B.Ed college principals on 22-04-2014
- One day orientation programme CBCS B.Ed Curriculum concept paper presentation to syllabus committee chairpersons on 10th May-2014.
- Four day workshop on “CBCS B.Ed curriculum development ’ on 11th 14th August 2014 organized by Department of Education, Bangalore University, Bangalore-56 in collaboration with Vijaya Teachers College, Bangalore.
- Two workshop on “CBCS B.Ed curriculum development” on 22nd-23rd September 2014 organized by Department of Education, Bangalore University, Bangalore-56
- Two workshop on “CBCS B.Ed curriculum orientation , to teacher educators of BUB, on 16th-17th Jan 2015 organized by Department of Education Sponsored by Bangalore University, Bangalore-56
- .Two day Orientation on “CBCS Two year B.Ed curriculum orientation , to teacher educators of BUB, on 10th-11th March 2016 organized in Jnana jothi Auditorium, Sponsored by Bangalore University, Bangalore-56.
- One day state level workshop on “Issues & Challenges in Educational Research’ organized by Dr.B.R.Ambedker College of Education in collaboration with Department of Education, BUB-56 on 23.04.2016.
- One Day National Seminar On Teacher Education In The Context Of New Education Policy 2015 Held On 28thMay 2016 In Collaboration With Research Scholars Students & Well Wishers Of Dr.M.S Talawar at Senate Hall Central College Campus, Bangalore University Bangalore.
List of Research Scholars
List of Students